From your Invoice Maker account dashboard, you are able to manage your payments received outside the Invoice Maker system, and through our 3rd Party Payment Processors, e.g. Stripe.
Definition: A manual payment is a cash, check or "other" payment that a business owner has received outside of the Invoice Maker system. The purpose is to track payments and balances when a payment has been received outside our system, either by cash, check, or "other", which could be anything such as a payment made by Paypal, cashApp, Venmo, etc.
Manual Payment Requirements:
Business Owner Input
- User has to manually input payment type and amount
- Payment Amount: required field
- Payment Date: required field. The payment date defaults to the current date it is updated
- Payment Method: Cash, Check, Other (required field)
- Internal Payment Note: plain text field for whatever the user wants (e.g. check number, specify "other" method (not required field). "Internal Payment Note" lets the user know only they will see the note
- Invoice Total: Total before any payments. This is always displayed as "Invoice Total"
- Paid to Date: The amount currently paid to date, displayed as "Paid to Date"
- Balance Due: Invoice total - Paid to date, displayed as "Balance Due"
- An invoice remains Unpaid until the balance is paid-in-full, and there is a $0.00 balance due
- Refund is used for invoices that have the entire balance refunded
- Partially Refunded is used when a partial payment is refunded
Definition: any payment amount entered against a balance due that is less than the total amount due
- Recipient will always be presented with a payment screen that is auto-filled with the total amount due to the entire invoice
- Recipient will always be able to enter a lower amount
- cash - amount
- check - amount - check #
- other - note field (Venmo, cashApp, Paypal, etc.)
- collect deposit
- collect partial payment
- refund deposits and partial payments
Deposits: default amount on the first payment is only the deposit amount
Refund: If a refund is not for the total amount, the status = partially refunded. If a refund is for the full amount, status = refunded